QRI's Dr. Hamed Darabi Featured on OGGN’s Energy Transition Solutions Podcast
Oil & Gas Global Network • Joe Batir • 02/06/2023
OGGN’s Energy Transition Solutions Podcast features stories of companies solving the energy challenges of modern life. In this week’s episode, QRI CTO, Dr. Hamed Darabi, joins AWS Solutions Architect, Yannick Agbor and host Joe Batir to discuss major sustainability issues and challenges facing oil field water management, as well as roadblocks getting to net zero, and how data-driven, AI-based solutions like SpeedWise® (built on AWS secure-cloud environment) are playing a role in mitigating these problems and facilitating the digital transition in oil & gas, as well as the broader energy sector. Below is an outline of the interview:
- 00:00 – Introductions: How QRI and AWS are automating and facilitating the energy digital transition.
- 04:00 – Real problems solved by SpeedWise® in energy digital transition and sustainability.
- 06:00 – The challenges facing oil field water management.
- 14:25 – Infinity Water Solutions and QRI: Changing the status quo in the way produced water is gathered, treated, and reused.
- 17:15 – How SpeedWise® Waterflood Management leverages automation and cloud-computing to build optimized, more accurate models for subsurface waterflooding, much faster than traditional workflows.
- 25:35 – How AWS helps partners innovate better solutions in the cloud.
- 36:30 – Book recommendations.
- 39:35 – When will we be Net Zero as a society?
Listen to the full episode here or on Apple Podcasts.