Infinity Water Solutions, QRI partner to develop water intelligence platform for oil, gas industry
World Oil • 05/12/2023
(WO) – Infinity Water Solutions (Infinity) and Quantum Reservoir Impact (QRI) announced a strategic partnership to support the development, deployment and advancement of a water intelligence platform called SpeedWise Water – an AI and machine-learning software designed to standardize, categorize and appraise water, most notably the produced and treated produced water coming from the oil and gas industry.
Working within an energy ecosystem to support businesses, financial institutions, government agencies and academia, SpeedWise Water leverages real-time data to accelerate decision-making and innovation, enhance purchasing power and fight information scarcity when it comes to sourcing, investing in and selling manufactured fit-for-purpose water products.
The arrangement between Infinity and QRI aims to standardize, appraise and categorize water manufactured from the energy sector on a commercial scale. With robust end-to-end workflow tools, SpeedWise Water helps to streamline the drilling and exploration process with better water analytics and data. Key features of the platform include:
- Real-time monitoring, analysis, tracking and projections of water supply and demand.
- Improved efficacy and efficiency of right-size treatment solutions, chemistry insights and optimization based on water characteristics and constituents.
- Interactive dashboards and custom charts to help visualize various plots and metrics, and reveal intelligence on current and historical trends to enhance operations of water and/or energy infrastructure.
- Reservoir repositories with detailed geospatial data and water chemistry analytics to drive next-gen, data-backed decision-making.
- Transparency and dynamic pricing for water transactions based on comparable sales, market conditions, and predictive modeling.
- Cross-industry visibility to help minimize potential environmental and health-related issues, and guide direct and beneficial reuse rules and regulations.
- A secure and scalable environment hosted on Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) leading cloud platform.
SpeedWise Water (beta version) will be released in Q3 2023.
As a major water recycler, in what is one of the most prolific basins in the World, Infinity has demonstrated success in managing significant amounts of produced and recycled produced water. The result has been both an industry-wide reduction in the dependance of freshwater resources, and an actual (and substantial) contribution to the amount of water available per capita, specifically in Southern New Mexico.
After nearly 20 years in business, QRI has a track record of global reservoir management and advanced analytics software development. From the U.S. to Europe and the Middle East, QRI’s data-driven, AI solutions have been used by industry-leading NOCs, major investment groups and forward-thinking communities all over the world.
For an overview of the platform and its capabilities, download the white paper at Infinity Water Solutions below: